The last of the “Rat Pack” hotels, the Sahara Hotel in Las Vegas opened in 1952 and is still chugging along on the Strip to this day. The Moroccan themed hotel does have a roller coaster, but is really more of a spot for adults. Arabian Nights decorations greet guests as they enter the lobby, as well as the casino, and the old Rat Pack feel still exudes despite recent renovations.
Details of the Las Vegas Sahara:
- Check-In Time: 3 p.m.
- Check-Out Time: 12 p.m.
- Minimum Age to Reserve a Room: 21 years.
- Shuttle Service to the Airport: While the Sahara Hotel in Las Vegas does not offer complimentary shuttle service to the airport, guests may book shuttle service through an outside company at the front desk of the hotel.
- Shuttle Service to the Strip: Guests of the Las Vegas Sahara can hop on the handy new monorail that makes a stop right near the hotel.
- Policies: No more then four guests may stay in any one room.
- Casino: With thoughts of Dean Martin and Sammy David Jr. resonating in your head, you’ll enjoy gambling in one of their favorite casinos. 85,000 square feet feature table games, slots, a race and sports book, and a poker room.
- Restaurants: Though the Sahara Hotel in Las Vegas only has a few eateries, they are all excellent. Paco’s Bar and Grill is particularly scrumptious, while the Sahara Buffet serves excellent fare throughout the day and night.
- Entertainment: The Congo Room at the Las Vegas Sahara hosts the Platters, Coaster, and Drifters show throughout the week. Full of old fashioned vigor, the entertainment is some of the liveliest in Vegas. The Sahara Theater features Buck Wild, a country variety show.
- Nightlife: No.
- Shows: At the Sahara you can check out Scintas, an Elvis tribute, or the Amazing Johnathan.
- Attractions: A major roller coaster, Speed, careens just outside the Sahara Hotel and Casino Las Vegas. Cyber Speedway has Indy car virtual reality racing, and is a favorite among children and race car enthusiasts.
- Pool: One moderately sized outdoor pool and a Jacuzzi are located behind the Sahara Hotel and Casino Las Vegas. Drink service is seasonable available, and the pool is not heated.
- Spa: A small salon and spa is located on the first floor of the Sahara Hotel and Casino Las Vegas, offering an array of massages and body treatment services.
- Shops: Five shops are located on the Las Vegas Sahara premises, selling souvenirs and clothing.
- Wedding Chapel: The quaint Wedding Chapel at the Sahara Hotel in Las Vegas is a cozy place to tie the knot, and the hotel does offer wedding packages.
- Business Center: Yes, there is an extensive business center with high speed internet, fax machines, and telephones available to guests.
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms: Yes.
- Pets Allowed: No.
- Room Service: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Parking Garage:
- Standard Room Amenities: Air conditioning, radios, cable TV, hair dryer, iron, movies, and telephone.
- Hotel Amenities: Concierge, laundry service, maid service, safety deposit boxes, and wake-up calls.
- Incidental Charges: You’ll be asked to provide a credit card when checking in to cover any incidental charges.