Planet Hollywood Resort
Standing tall on the site of the former Aladdin Resort is the
new and improved Planet Hollywood Resort Las Vegas, one of the most magical
and mesmerizing hotels on the Strip. In 1998, a tired and outdated Aladdin
Casino was imploded and rebuilt, and quickly became one of the most expensive
projects Vegas had seen. All the expense resulted in an enormous debt,
however, and by the end of 2006 the resort had new owners and became the
Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino. The magically themed rooms remain
the same. One thing guests of the Planet Hollywood Resort Las Vegas can
be sure of: with faucets shaped like genie lamps and real Moroccan tile
work covering much of the hotel interior, the Planet Hollywood Resort
in Las Vegas is and will continue to be a sultry escape.
Here are a few more details and services you’ll find at the Planet Hollywood
Resort in Las Vegas:
- Check-In Time: 3pm
- Check-Out Time: 11am (though the hotel will store
your luggage if you have a late flight)
- Minimum Age to Reserve a Room: You must be at least
21 years old to reserve a room
- Shuttle Service to the Airport: Shuttle service is
available to the airport, but it isn’t free, and while it can be booked
from the hotel, the service is not provided by the hotel
- Shuttle Service to the Strip: There is no shuttle
service offered to the Strip. However, since the hotel is located mid-Strip,
guests will have the best luck grabbing a good Vegas Strip Map and walking
off all that extra vacation food.
- Policies: No more then four guests may stay in one
- Casino: Casinos abound on the Strip, but the Planet
Hollywood Resort Vegas has one of the largest in the city. Featuring
2,800 slot machines, 87 table games, and a bevy of other gambling ventures,
the main casino draws a busy crowd each night of the week. A second
casino, the glamorous London Club, is a smaller European style gambling
room focusing on high stakes card games, roulette, and more slots.
- Restaurants: If all of that gambling leaves you looking
for a meal, the Planet Hollywood Resort Vegas also has a number of classy
restaurants. Elements, considered the nicest of the group, features
juicy steaks and fresh seafood nightly. Reservations are recommended.
Nearby Tremezzo serves up traditional Italian food at a moderate price.
Tremezzo is also open exclusively for dinner, and reservations are not
a must. Rounding out the list are the Spice Market Buffet and the Zanzibar
Café. The Spice Market Buffet lays out an impressive spread for breakfast,
lunch, and dinner, while the Zanzibar Café offers snacks and drinks
24-hours a day. Small coffee shops and snack bars also pop up throughout
the hotel and outside near the pool.
- Entertainment: If you’d like to see a show from the
comfort of the Planet Hollywood Resort Las Vegas, the Stomp Out Loud
theater is one of the most popular in Vegas.
- Nightlife: The Planet Hollywood Resort has three
lounges, The Living Room, Heart Bar, and The EXTRA Lounge.
- Attractions: None
- Pool: The pools at the Planet Hollywood Resort are nice,
and yet certainly not the hotel’s most impressive feature. Two square
shaped pools are located on the hotel grounds, along with two large
Jacuzzi tubs. As with just about every hotel on the Strip, the Planet Hollywood Resort Vegas features pool side drink service for guests.
- Spa: Complete with a health club, salon services,
and a host of facial and body treatments, the Spa by Mandara at the Planet Hollywood Resort Las Vegas is considered to be one of the best in Vegas.
Elegantly decorated in keeping with the eastern feel of the hotel, Mandara
is truly a relaxing and quiet spot to unwind.
- Shops: The Miracle Mile is located next to
the hotel, and themed with jugglers and eastern design. Guests will
love perusing over 150 shops.
- Wedding Chapel: Yes. If you are looking to tie the
knot in Vegas, you’ll find the Planet Hollywood Resort offers a number of
wedding packages, and features its own chapel.
- Business Center: The hotel also has an excellent
business center, with high speed internet access, fax machines, and
long distance phones.
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms: Yes.
- Pets Allowed: Pets are not allowed.
- Room Service: While enjoying a quiet moment in your
room, you may be tempted to order food in for the night. A full room
service menu is available to guests 24 hours a day- the perfect way
to enjoy a treat any time of the day or night.
- Parking Garage: For anyone with a car in Vegas, the
hotel does have a 10-story parking garage located behind the hotel.
Valet parking is available on the second level, and is free to guests.
- Standard Room Amenities: Air conditioning, alarm
clock, TV, blow dryer, iron on-command movies, telephone.
- Hotel Amenities: Concierge service is available to
all guests, along with laundry service, a safety deposit box, and maid
- Incidental Charges: Be aware that you’ll also be
charged $30 per night for every additional guest you have in your room
above and beyond the double occupancy limit, regardless of age.