Golden Nugget Casino Hotel
In 1946, the Golden Nugget Hotel Las Vegas was opened, making it the first building in downtown Vegas built specifically for the purpose of gambling. This is where Steve Wynn, Vegas tycoon, first nudged his way into a share of Vegas property, and rose to prominence on the Strip. The Golden Nugget Casino Las Vegas is also the largest hotel in the downtown area, and the enormous gold nugget on display (61 pounds, 11 ounces) stands as a symbol of its grandeur. Though the hotel has changed hands many times over the years, the Golden Nugget Hotel Las Vegas of today is elegant, and an excellent place to stay for couples and families alike.
Details of the Golden Nugget Casino Las Vegas:
- Check-In Time: 3 p.m.
- Check-Out Time: 12 p.m.
- Minimum Age to Reserve a Room: 18 years.
- Shuttle Service to the Airport: Shuttle service to the airport is not offered by the Golden Nugget Hotel Las Vegas; however, staff at the concierge desk is happy to help guests book shuttles through outside companies.
- Shuttle Service to the Strip: No.
- Policies: No more then four guests may stay in a room. Note that older children do not stay for free.
- Casino: Compared to the casinos at some of the larger hotels on the Strip, the casino at the Golden Nugget Casino Las Vegas is moderately sized. You’ll still find all of the goodies; black jack, poker, craps, roulette, and plenty of slots fill the 36,000 square feet of the casino floor.
- Restaurants: The aptly named, “Buffet” is deservedly one of the most popular buffets to be had in Vegas- breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Lillie’s Noodle House features eastern cuisine, and a few other cafés and coffee shops are spread throughout the Golden Nugget Hotel in Las Vegas.
- Entertainment: The Golden Nugget Hotel in Las Vegas features a Theater Ballroom and a Pavilion, both of which host a long list of visiting headliners most nights of the week.
- Nightlife: No.
- Attractions: As mentioned above, the main attraction where wonder is concerned is the enormous gold nugget, totally real, that looms in its central location.
- Pool: The pool at the Golden Nugget Hotel in Las Vegas has been closed for a number of months for renovation, and as the hotel has recently come under new management, future plans for the pool are not yet known.
- Spa: The Golden Nugget Hotel in Las Vegas has a great spa, with massage and body treatments available 7 days a week.
- Shops: Two boutiques are located near the hotel entrance and are great places to pick up a last minute souvenir or a tub of sun block.
- Wedding Chapel: No wedding chapel.
- Business Center: With high speed internet, fax machines, copy machines, and easy access to FedEx, the business center at the Golden Nugget Hotel Las Vegas is the perfect way to stay connected.
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms: Yes.
- Pets Allowed: No.
- Room Service: Room service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for any late night cravings or early morning snacking.
- Parking Garage: A six story parking garage is available free of charge to guest of the hotel.
- Standard Room Amenities: Air conditioning, clock, hair dryer, safe, iron, cable TV, and pay-per-view movies.
- Hotel Amenities: Maid service, beauty salon, and wake-up call.
- Incidental Charges: You’ll be asked to provide a credit card or cash deposit when checking in to cover any incidental charges.