Circus Circus Hotel
Since its opening in October of 1968, Circus Circus Las Vegas has been bringing colorful kid-friendly fun to the Strip. Which isn’t to say that adults won’t enjoy their stay at the Circus Circus Hotel in Las Vegas; an enormous casino and plenty of after hours fun still fill much of the first floor. While the Circus Circus Las Vegas has been featured in a number of major motion pictures (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, for one) for its kitsch appeal, families will be sure to have fun exploring the theme park, taking in a circus show, or even riding around on the Disney style aerial shuttle that whisks guests to their room.
Details of the Circus Circus hotel in Las Vegas:
- Check-In Time: 3 p.m.
- Check-Out Time: 11 a.m.
- Minimum Age to Reserve a Room: 21 years old.
- Shuttle Service to the Airport: Shuttle service to the airport is available for a fee with any outside company of your choosing. While you won’t be able to bill the fee to your hotel room, hotel staff will happily help you book your shuttle.
- Shuttle Service to the Strip: Located on the North end of the strip, shuttle service is not available from the Circus Circus Las Vegas. A brand new monorail does run up and down the strip daily, though, and day passes are available at most hotels.
- Policies: As a child friendly resort, children under 16 years of age stay free at the Circus Circus hotel in Las Vegas. No more then four guests may share a room.
- Casino: Don’t be fooled by the clowns and jugglers- there are still a host of adult themed games for adults in the spacious Casino. Featuring table games, a race book, slots, and a poker room, the Circus Circus Las Vegas Hotel casino is a perfect play land for mom and dad.
- Restaurants: The Circus Circus Las Vegas Hotel has a small but welcoming collection of restaurants. As the name suggests, The Steakhouse serves up aged beef seven days a week, and even offers a champagne brunch on Sunday mornings. Other family-friendly eateries include Mexitalia, a strangely satisfying blend of Mexican and Italian fare, as well as the famed Pink Pony, with wistful murals and a full menu. Other cafés and home town favorites, like McDonald’s and Krispy Kreme, are peppered throughout the hotel; some are even open 24 hours a day.
- Entertainment: The Guinness Book of World Records calls the free circus acts showing daily from 11am to midnight right above the casino the oldest permanent circus act in the world. Guests need neither money nor reservations, and if you miss one show, just wait a few minutes, and the next show will start. This act is a favorite among children and adults.
- Nightlife: No nightlife here. Plenty of nearby clubs offer adult fun, however.
- Attractions: Even if you don’t plan to stay at the Circus Circus Las Vegas Hotel, you might want to stop by and take a ride on a roller coaster. You can also hop on some of the other rides, with inertia inspired names like the Sling shot, Rim Runner, Inverter, and Canyon Blaster, just to name a few. An impressive collection of IMAX motion rides complete the attraction, and if you haven’t experienced one of these rides, you’ll want to make time to do so.
- Pool: The Circus Circus Las Vegas must know how much kids love swimming pools; they have six. All are outdoor, heated pools, and one is located in the Circus Circus Las Vegas Hotel RV Park. The pools are open year round, as are the three outdoor Jacuzzis.
- Spa: No spa, but there is a beauty salon with a few services.
- Shops: Clothing, jewelry, and souvenirs to take home fill the 20 retail outlets located on the hotel grounds.
- Wedding Chapel: The Chapel of the Fountain Wedding Chapel, located inside the Circus Circus Las Vegas, is actually a classier affair then one might think. Wedding packages are available to couples.
- Business Center: Yes, a business center is centrally located with internet, fax, and phone.
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms: Yes.
- Pets Allowed: Not in the actual hotel, however pets are allowed in the RV Park. Make sure you bring a leash.
- Room Service: Room service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Parking Garage: A smallish parking garage is located near the hotel.
- Standard Room Amenities: Remote controlled cable TV, hair dryer, in-room safe, telephone, and refrigerator.
- Hotel Amenities: Laundry service, maid service, valet parking, and wake-up call.
- Incidental Charges: You’ll be asked to provide a credit card when you check in to cover any incidental charges.