Located smack dab in the middle of the Strip is the Ballys Hotel and Casino, one of the oldest operational hotels in Vegas. Guest won’t find much glitz and glamour at Ballys Hotel; however it is a great place to take advantage of lower rates and still be in a prime Strip location. The new monorail system even makes a special stop for the Ballys Hotel in Las Vegas, so travelers can choose between taking a speedy train or walking to just about any popular location.
Here are a few more details and services you’ll find at the Aladdin Hotel in Las Vegas:
- Check-In Time: 3pm
- Check-Out Time: 11am (though the hotel will store your luggage if you have a late flight)
- Minimum Age to Reserve a Room: Guests must be at least 18 years old in order to reserve a room.
- Shuttle Service to the Airport: Ballys Hotel and Casino does offer a shuttle service to the airport, for a fee. The check-in desk for Caesar’s Palace actually handles airport shuttle service for Bally’s and a few other nearby hotels. Reservations can be made in advance, but are not required.
- Shuttle Service to the Strip: The Ballys Hotel in Las Vegas is just one of the stops the handy new Vegas monorail makes while cruising along the Strip. The monorail also stops at the MGM Grand, Paris, Flamingo, Harrah's, the Las Vegas Convention Center, the Las Vegas Hilton and the Sahara. Grab a Vegas map of the Strip so you know where to get off.
- Policies: Ballys Hotel does not offer entertainment for children, or childcare of any kind. Smoking is allowed, and both smoking and non-smoking rooms are available.
- Casino: The large Casino at Ballys Hotel has 65 table games, including blackjack, poker, craps, and more. Although the casino is quite old, the low lighting gives the place a comfortable feeling. The casino also holds weekly poker tournaments, with prizes awarded for 1st-3rd place.
- Restaurants:A nice collection of restaurants grace the Ballys Hotel and Casino. The Sterling Brunch is deservedly the most popular brunch on the Strip; served up every Sunday, it features such treats as caviar, lobster, and champagne. Bally’s Steakhouse is another favorite, along with al Dente, a contemporary Italian gem. Chang’s at Bally’s rounds out the international fare, with authentic eastern cooking. Other more causal dining options can also be found throughout the Bally’s Hotel in Las Vegas, as well as a score of bars and lounges. While the nicer places are mostly open for dinner, smaller cafes are open 24 hours a day.
- Entertainment: Ballys Hotel is famous for Jubilee!, a showgirls extravaganza that has been running for 25 years. Tickets to this trendy show can be purchased online or in Vegas, though it is recommended that you buy them in advance.
- Nightlife: Bally’s doesn’t have its own club, but with its premier location, there are plenty of clubs nearby.
- Attractions: One special attraction is the Jubilee! All Access Backstage Walking Tour. For one full hour, guests will travel behind the scenes of the popular show to see how all the magic of the show happens. Note that you have to be at least 13 years old to take this tour.
- Pool: Ballys Hotel sports one large pool. Rather then mimicking the shallow pools at most Vegas hotels, the pool at Ballys actually has a deep end. Guests should be aware that the pool is completely closed from November to January for cleaning.
- Spa: There is a spa will all of the expected salon and spa services, but there are nicer spas to be found in Vegas
- Shops: Conveniently located on the premises, guests will enjoy checking out over 20 shops, with great souvenirs, last minute outfits, and jewelry.
- Wedding Chapel: None.
- Business Center: Yes- you’ll find the handy business center with internet and fax machines located near the shopping area.
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms: Yes.
- Pets Allowed: Pets are not allowed.
- Room Service: For any kind of midnight snack or early morning treat, room service is available at Ballys Hotel 24 hours a day.
- Parking Garage: Ballys hotel and Casino shares a parking garage with nearby Paris. The garage has 7 levels, and is free to guests of the hotel.
- Standard Room Amenities: Though old, accommodations harkens back to a time when hotels rooms were spacious. Recently redecorated, rooms feature internet, in-room safe, radio, iron, hair dryer, TV, and laundry service (for a fee).
- Hotel Amenities: Access to the Cascata Golf course, a score of tennis courts, and concierge services.
- Incidental Charges: Bally’s Hotel in Las Vegas does require a credit card or cash deposit for any incidental charges during your stay.